Tuesday, November 9, 2010

FOCL CONFERENCE

What a Success!  Thanks to our Friends at FOCL and Elihu Burritt Library at CCSU, the conference was a success.

More than 40 Friends groups were represented.  I enjoy presenting to FOCL and subjects about the Friends.  Friends of Libraries are near and dear to my heart.  They are the individuals that add additional deminsions to our libraries. 

We learned tremendous information and were able to share stories of what worked and what didn't work.  The statistics at the end of the event gave us some great information about what is happening now among our groups.

I did notice that the "fear" that if a group gives the library too much then the Town will cut the budget.  It's not real a real fear.  Most town/cities want their libraries to flourish.  I would hope that if the town cuts the budget because the Friends made a contribution, then I would hope that the Friends show up loud and clear and let them know that  "fear" doesn't work.  Advocacy - topic for another day.

Thanks to Chip Marsh, Sharon Clapp and our Carl Nawrocki for being my co-presenters on this most important topic.  To read more about it, visit FOCL's website .  You can pick up the handouts on my Great Download & Links.

Thanks to everyone that has stopped by to visit.  I will be publishing more of the topics in a bit more depth.  Do you have a comment?  Email me at  friends at pattyjfoley dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment